There are no words to describe this majestic view on the day we first saw Views Forever… akin to the bird’s-eye sweep that the iconic Table Mountain offers, this spot – nestled on the opposite side of the peninsula, on the steep, vineyard-clad slopes of the Helderberg mountains – does just what it promises… offer jaw-dropping views of both oceans as well as the entire peninsula, from Signal Hill to Cape Point.Late afternoon sunsets are legendary here so it’s fortunate that relaxing at the end of each day with a glass of fine wine produced on these slopes is one of the many joys of staying here.
Views Forever is a contemporary retreat accommodating up to eight guests in four spacious suites. Generous living areas – ideally suited to multi-gen gatherings or a getaway with friends – are lined with glass so that whether you’re enjoying the first sip of the estate’s superb red wine next to the indoor hearth in winter or enjoying the poolside pizza oven while dipping in the pool on a hot summer’s day, you can always see the view.
Added to the offering is the service of a dedicated butler/host, who helps guests settle in and lay outa generous breakfast spread each morning. While the kitchen comes fully equipped, there’s no need to do it yourself: private chefs are on hand to create bespoke menus – or whip up a traditional braai – as you prefer.
So why choose the Helderberg wine area? Not many know that it’s equally easy to get to Stellenbosch as it is to get the Cape’s beautiful beaches from here, and that some of the Cape’s best restaurants are a stone’s throw away. But, most importantly, wine aficionados will agree that if South Africa’s Stellenbosch Winelands are hailed as the ‘Kingdom of Cabernet’, then the slopes of the Helderberg are surely its royal court. Here, where the northwest slopes balance warm African sun with cooling oceanic breezes – and a healthy dose of altitude– these unique vineyards are renowned for producing some of South Africa’s most iconic Bordeaux-style reds.
The Taaibosch Crescendo is just that, a flag-bearer for fine wine from the southern tip of Africa, and a legendary brand that is rising, phoenix-like, thanks to the efforts of the Oddo family, who purchased the property in 2017. Alongside replanting vineyards and building anew cellar, the family has also opened the doors to another two villas alongside Views Forever. Further down the hill, Olive Garden Villa, another two-bedroomed contemporary retreat hidden in the cleft of a valley between the vineyards, is loved by guests who come for the mountain views across the pool and it's peaceful gardens, whereas nearby Oak Manor House appeals to families. The recently refurbed historic farmstead is set beneath ancient oaks and surrounded by lush lawns and a wide brick stoep. It looks onto the heart of the working wine farm, and both are just a short walk from the modern cellar. Here exclusive tastings are offered, introducing visitors to a Cape icon being reborn.
Master with king size bed and window seat
2nd bedroom with king size bed
3rd bedroom with twin beds (or 1 king)
4th bedroom with twin beds (or 1 king)
Additional 2 rollaway beds for children 12 years and under (cot available on request)
• Extra-length beds, luxury cotton bed linen
• 4 en-suite bathrooms
• 1 Guest bathroom
• Rain shower heads and handheld showers
• Master bedroom: free-standing oval bath
• Luxury bathroom amenities
• Bathrobes and slippers
• Air conditioning
• In-room safe, hairdryers, steamers, iron
• Fully equipped kitchen
• 12-seater dining indoors
• Indoor and outdoor bbq and pizza overn
• Outdoor entertainment area
• 8-seater outdoor dining table
• Swimming pool (no cover)
• Large lawn area
• Pool loungers
• Indoor fireplace in lounge and kitchen
• Television lounge (smart TV, Netflix, selected Satellite channels, wireless audio system)
• Cots and highchairs available
• Board games and lawn games
• Yoga mats
• Double garagae
• 24-hour security
• Housekeeping and full service daily
• Dedicated butler
• Breakfast prepared by estate chef
• Concierge services
• A private wine tasting & tour (Mon-Fri only)
• Welcome snack basket incl wine
• Daily aperitif
• Mineral water, teas and coffee
• Turndown service
• Unlimited WiFi
• Laundry room for self-service (washing machine and dryer)
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Advance notice required
• Private chef
• Meals other than breakfast
• Babysitting and au pair
• Activities, excursions and experiences
• Dry cleaning and laundry
• Personal security
• Personal shopping
• Personal trainer
• Spa and beauty treatments
• Being on the slopes of the Helderberg means that you’re not far from vineyards or the sea: the choice is yours but Stellenbosch is just over 10 minutes’ drive, Franschhoek about 30 minutes, and Cape Town 45 minutes’ away: this is a superb base for exploring the Winelands, yet Cape Town isn’t far away.
• Once you’ve explored the farm with wonderful walks and done a complimentary wine tasting (Mon-Fri) at the modern winery just down the hill, you have the choice of several wine routes and superb restaurants to enjoy each day.
• A visit to the Dylan Lewis sculpture garden nearby isn’t to be missed - a good alternative to the indigenous slopes of Kirstenbosch Gardens and with equally magnificent views. By appointment only, so do ask us in advance.
• It’s worth taking a day to explore the historic towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek (see our restaurant suggestions), with their notable art galleries, boutiques and museums.
• Take a scenic day trip to Hermanus: we suggest a circular drive via Elgin with a route back along the coast stopping at beaches along the way. Whale season is from July to December.
• Check in 14h00
• Check out 10h00
• Maximum 8 guests
• Pets by arrangement
• Non-smoking villa
• Security deposit
• All bookings subject to final approval by owner